Applications are invited preferably through POST/ BY HAND from eligible candidates for the posts of Junior Research Fellow [JRF - 01 post] at Department of Alcohol Technology on or before 27th September 2014, Selected candidates will be called for an Interview to be held on 29th September 2014.
|Name of the Post:
||JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW - [01 post]
Department of Alcohol Technology
|Compen- sation (per month)
Salary Rs.15,000- Rs.18,000/- p.m.consolidated for contractual period.
Rs.1,80,000- Rs.2,16,000/- per annum
Candidate will be appointed on SDF sponsored project. He/ She will be involved in activities related to various aspects of syngas fermentation. To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
Prior knowledge regarding revival, propagation, maintenance, storage and routine aseptic handling of obligate anaerobic bacteria will be preferred. Prior applied knowledge on biochemical and genetic characterization of microorganisms is desirable. He/ She should be familiar with the different aspects of biochemical pathways related alcoholic fermentation. He/ She should posses technical and practical problem solving skills related to alcoholic fermentation. Selected candidate will be involved in literature survey related to the topic, compilation of experimental data, preparation of drafts and reports based on research findings etc. The candidate should be passionate about his/ her work and desired to learn things quickly. Good observational and organizational skills would be desirable.
M. Sc. (Microbiology) with genuine interest in research work.
About 6-12 months experience of research work related to alcoholic fermentation will be preferred. Candidates having experience of handling of anaerobic microorganisms or experience in microbial genetic engineering is desired.
Terms & Conditions:
- Candidates should bring original mark sheets/certificates and experience certificates along with certified copies at the time of interview.
- Salary Rs.15,000-18,000 per month, depending on qualification and experience, consolidated salary as per the rules and regulations of the Institute.
- No TA/DA will be provided.
- Appointment is purely on contractual basis for a specific period only.
- Application should be submitted preferably through POST or BY HAND at Personnel Department, along with photo copies of original certificates. Your application should be received on or before 27th September 2014.
- Eligible candidates will be informed to appear for an interview to be held on 29th September 2014.
- Candidates will be based at VSI, Pune. Selected candidate will be required to reside at VSI Housing Complex (bachelor’s accommodation) or in close proximity of VSI premises.
- For location of VSI, see Location/ map.
Director General, VSI