1. Qualified & experienced faculty of teaching in different subject of specialization of Sugar Industry.
2. Excellent infrastructure facilities, well equipped laboratories, computer centre, Internet facilities.
3. Courses recognized by Government of India.
4. M.Sc. Environmental Sciences and M.Sc. Wine, Brewing and Alcohol Technology course is affiliated to Savitribai Phule University of
5. VSI is recognized as a Center of Research for undertaking studies leading to Ph.D. degrees of Savitribai Phule Pune University, Shivaji
University, Kolhapur and Mahatma Phule Agriculture University, Rahuri.
6. The Sugar Laboratory & Micro-biology Laboratory of VSI is accredited by "National Accreditation Board for Testing & Calibration
Laboratory, New Delhi".
7. VSI is recognized by the Maharashtra Pollution Control Board, Mumbai as Empanelment of Institution, Organization & Agencies in the
area of Environmental Education .
8. Presently the annual intake of students is about 388. The students are from all major sugar producing states of the country.
9. One of the redeeming features of VSI s academic input is that more and more foreign students from African countries are getting
attracted to VSI training courses.
10. All the class rooms are digitized with smart white boards.