1) VSI is the largest R&D organization in India concentrating exclusively on sugarcane agriculture and sugar industry.
2) The Quality Management System (QMS) of VSI is awarded an ISO 9001:2015 Certification for providing product or services range: Providing Education, Research & Development, Consultancy & Extension Services to Sugarcane Growers, Sugar, Alcohol and Allied Co-product Industries.
3) VSI is recognized as a Centre for Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by the Department of Science and Technology of The Central Government of India.
4) VSI is recognized as a Center of Research for undertaking studies leading to Ph.D. degrees of esteemed Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU), Mahatma Phule Agricultural University (MPKV), Rahuri and Shivaji University, Kolhapur.
5) On the recommendations of the Department of Science and Technology, The Government of India, Ministry of Finance has recognized VSI.
6) The Government of India, Ministry of Food & Civil Supplies has also accorded recognition to the training courses conducted by VSI, as equivalent to Associateship of National Sugar Institute (NSI), Kanpur.
7) The Tissue Culture Production Facility of VSI for producing tissue-cultured sugarcane plantlets has been assessed and recognized by the Project Management Unit (PMU) of Department of Biotechnology (DBT) established at Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL), New Delhi as per criteria laid down under NCS-TCP.
8) Drip Irrigation Material Testing Laboratory is accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL), Government of India, New Delhi in accordance with ISO /IEC 17025 since May 2005.
9) National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratory (NABL), New Delhi accredits the Sugar Technology Laboratory of VSI as the Testing Center for Analysis of Sugar Samples according to ICUMSA norms. Similarly, NABL accredits the Department of Environmental Sciences Laboratory.
10) Department of Home, Government of Maharashtra vide notification dated 02nd January 2014 has approved Vasantdada Sugar Institute for testing and certifying samples of Spirits, Denaturants , Country Liquors and Indian Made Foreign Liquors by making amendments in Maharashtra Prohibition Act (XXV of 1949), The Maharashtra Country Liquor Rules 1973 and Maharashtra Distillation of Spirits and Manufacture of Potable Liquor Rules 1966.
11) Maharashtra Pollution Control Board (MPCB), Mumbai has recognized VSI as “Empanelment of Institution, Organization and Agencies in the area of Environment Education” and the laboratories as well.
12) Initially, Association of Indian Universities (A.I.U.), New Delhi has recognized AVSI course in Environment Science as M.Sc. equivalent to any Indian Universities. Now from academic year 2009-2010, the Department of Environmental Sciences has achieved the affiliation with University of Pune for M.Sc. course in Environmental Sciences.
13) Since 1986, VSI is recognized as the center for sugarcane varieties testing under All India Coordinated Research Project on Sugarcane (AICRP (S)).
14) Maharashtra Energy Development Agency (MEDA) recognizes VSI as Energy Audits Centre for Co-generation Projects......