Agriculture Science and Technology Division, the largest division of the organization is engaged in Research, Extension and Training activities in sugarcane and related aspects that were found most useful to the farmers, officers, factory management and policy makers not only from Maharashtra State but also for other States of India.
The division is serving the sugar industry and sugarcane growers with the following main objectives;
- Production and supply of genetically pure and healthy planting material to sugar factories through tissue cultured plantlets and sugarcane setts as breeder seed for further seed multiplication and also quality products like bio-fertilizers, bio-control agents and multi-nutrient to sugar factories and farmers.
- Planning and implementation of Research and Development programs in the areas of improvement in production and protection of sugarcane crop with interdisciplinary approach to achieve the growth of area, sugarcane productivity and sugar recovery.
- Disseminate the latest information in sugarcane production technology and improved agricultural practices through various training programs for sugar factories, Government personnel, students and farmers.
- Encourage, guide, assist the cane development activities of sugar factories and demonstrate the proven agro-technologies on sugarcane growers fields through extension services.
- Organize seminars and conferences for exchange of knowledge in relevant topics.
- Provide services in soil, organic fertilizers, drip irrigation components and sugar.
The division is formed by integration of 12 sections and major sections are categorized into three groups programs to fulfill the objectives and as per their activities,