Various need-based short term courses of one to three weeks duration are organized during off-season in the aforesaid disciplines for the sugar mill staff, the managerial personnel and sugarcane growers at the Institute or at the mill site.
Need-based short-term courses offered by VSI are
- Juice Clarification & Filtration
- Pan Boiling and Centrifugation
- Boiler Attendant
- Mill Foreman
- Pollution Control & Environmental Management in Sugar Mills and Distilleries.
- Fermentation and Distillation Techniques in Distillery.
- Techniques in Analytical Instrumentation.
- Repairs & Maintenance of Sugar Factory Instrumentation.