The overall performance of sugar mills have been improved under the technical guidance of department
- The preparatory index increased from 74.87 to 83.37 by implementing well designed heavy- duty swing hammer type fibrizer and leveller.
- The imbibition water % fibre increased from167.50 to 197.67 by the application of roller
arcing, lotus roller, effective juice drainage, compound imbibition and installation of pressure feeding system.
- The reduced mill extraction % increased from 94.55 to 95.13 against the targeted national average of 95.00 by adapting proper mill geometry for mill setting, use of lotus rollers, ACFC System, DCS based mill control, planned and scheduled maintenance and mill speed control with ACVFD electrical drive.
- The Pol % bagasse reduced from 2.66 to 2.35 by creating awareness on application of effective compound imbibition and juice drainage, optimum hydraulic load, lotus roller, roller arcing, pressure feeding devices and low speed milling
- Hours lost % available hours (a gauge for measuring the continuous operation of plant) has reduced from 19.38 to 9.60, a major boost in capacity utilization of the plant.