The Section is having following ongoing research projects:
- Use of isotopic techniques for assessment of nitrogen fixation in sugarcane by consortium of endophytic bacteria.
- Biological remediation of saline sodic soils through integrated approach through application of inorganic & organic fertilizers.
- Isolation, identification and screening of exo-polysaccharide producing microorganisms & its effect on sugarcane.
- Isolation and identification of entomopathogenic nematode and development of product as bio- control agent for control of white grubs in sugarcane.
- Collection, Isolation, Characterization and identification of entomopathogenic fungi on sugarcane white fly, Aleurolobus barodensis Maskell and development of consortia as bio- control agent for its control in sugarcane eco-system.
- Isolation, identification, characterization and development of special decomposing culture for decomposition of sugar ETP.
- Studies on compatibility of beneficial microorganisms with oligo-chitosan (Biostimulator) & its effect on sugarcane.
- Isolation, identification and screening of special microrganisms for development of Jivamrut for enhancing yield and quality of sugarcane crop.
- Isolation, identification and screening of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria for enhancing cane and sugar yield of sugarcane crop.