Application of S @ 60 kg/ha is recommended for increasing cane yield.
• In medium black soil, only one application of silicon @ 400 kg/ha through bagasse ash or
calcium silicate as a basal dose for increasing sugarcane and sugar yield of plant cane
and its two successive ratoon crop is recommended.
• For higher cane yield, CCS yield and net monetary returns, the application of potassium @
225 kg K2O/ha through sulphate of potash is recommended alongwith recommended dose
of N (340 kg/ha) and P2O5 (170 kg/ha) for sodic soils of Western Maharashtra.
• The practice of cross sub-soiling at 1m distance and two harrowing before plantation of
sugarcane is recommended to increase cane and sugar yield in ill drained problematic
• Foliar application of Multimacronutrient (N-8%, P-8%, K-8%) and Multimicronutrient (Grade
II: Fe-2.5%, Mn-1%, Zn-3%, Cu-1%, Mo-0.1%, B-0.5%) liquid fertilizers @ 5 L each in 500 L
water at 60 days and second spray @ 7.5 L each in 750 L water at 90 days after planting
or ratooning with general recommended dose of nutrient is recommended for higher
sugarcane yield and returns.
• Application of 50 % recommended dose of fertilizer through drip irrigation in conjunction
with foliar application of N fixing endophytic bacterial culture at 60 days after planting and
foliar application of multinutrients increased yield by 23.94 % of plant cane and 12.60 % in
• Application of recommended dose of potash in four splits i.e 25% at planting + 25% at 120
days after planting + 25% at 180 days after planting + 25% at 240 days after planting
increased cane and sugar yield.
• Fertilizer dose (NPK) reduced to 50% of the total dose worked out by STCR technique
along with biofertilizer kg ha/ha to achieve cane yield 200 kg ha-1 in plant cane crop and
125 kg ha/ha in ratoon crop.