Teaching & Training:
The development of manpower in instrumentation engineering is considered for improving the degree of instrument maintenance in sugar industry. Hence, training at all levels is necessary to assimilate the use of instrumentation technology. The courses/programmes conducted by the department are as under:
• Post Graduate Diploma course in ‘Sugar Instrumentation Technology’ having 1 ½ year duration which started in year 1984.
• To increase the awareness of instrumentation and control systems, the subject knowledge is imparted to other AVSI courses of Institute such as Sugar Technology, Industrial Fermentation & Alcohol Technology, Sugar Engineering Diploma, Sugar Engineering Certificate, Sugar Manufacture Certificate and Wine Brewing & Alcohol Technology.
• Conducting two short term training programmes every year viz:
o Repairs & maintenance of sugar factory instruments since 1979
o Techniques in Analytical Instruments since 1990
• Lectures in I&C to the STTP’s like Boiler Attendant, Mill Foreman, Juice Clarification & Evaporation, Pan Boiling & Centrifuge, Fermentation, Distillation & Evaporation techniques in distillery, conducted by other departments of Institute.
• The Special training programmes in I&C are conducted as per requirements