Applied Research & Development
Different projects are undertaken for the improvement of sugar manufacturing process under Applied Research & Development activities. Processing of raw sugar independently and also along with sugar cane has been successfully implemented in some of the sugar factories where raw sugar reprocessing was done. The institute also proposed and extended technical support for establishing a beet sugar production unit from sugar beet in the state of Maharashtra.
Sugar Technologists work relentlessly with an intention to review research work, finding new research areas in the process of sugar manufacturing; undertake projects/sanctioned projects and promote new technologies. In the last three decades, the Sugar Technology Department completed about 112 projects many of them were successfully implemented in the industry.
On-going Research Projects
Ongoing research projects
1) A study on shelf life of white sugar with respect to storage at varying relative humidity and temperature.
2) Need of Clarification of intermediate molasses for better keeping quality of sugar
3) Reduction of conductivity Ash % and colour in sugar at Centrifugal station
4) Reduction of Sugar loss in filter cake.
5) Effect of juice composition on clarification.